Sunday 12 September 2010

Don't Panic


Only two weeks til we head up to Yorkshire for the 3 Peaks Cyclocross race. Although I'm feeling prepared as in I know what's coming I've done almost nothing in the way of specific preparation, at all, eek. Though I do feel much more bike fit than last year after the last 6 months bike adventures. In the words of another participant, it'll be reet.

So, time to get the mudguards off, put on some fresh rubber, agonise over the state of the rear rim and change the bars to something closer to 50cm. Guess I should throw a bucket of warm water in its general direction too.


Out today to do 52 miles at the bottom end of the Pennine Bridleway and it feels okay. After the miserable rain and cold earlier on it all brightened up. As I death gripped the bar tape drifting round a loose gravel corner wondering if there was another water bar coming it was all good.

Rich.


No comments: